to some of our most
frequently asked questions
Get your event online in no time.
How it works
Sign up for a free account
Add your event details
Activate your payment processing
Promote your Personalized Page
Link to video
Why it’s important to do email verification upon signup.
Security takes the highest priority at Solarislive. In the current age of cyber threats applications or websites on the internet we need to maintain high standards and secure our service. Hence we use email address as one level to check that a human being is doing it rather than some virus code/hacking code.
Why we do it
The email verification is required for the following reasons:
- Stops spam and deters robots and people from creating false accounts.
- Establishes a communication channel with the user before you use advanced functionality.
- The email is an identity representation which requires us to validate the email and put a hold on the account until verified.
Why it’s important.
The email verification proves:
- It’s a real person
- It’s the real user’s e-mail address.
- You can use that e-mail to confirm that user who is using your site is the very owner of that account (for example when you need confirmation before user make an action).
- You can use that e-mail to send a private information (because you’re sure that the owner of that e-mail is the real owner of the account).
Why an email confirmation isn’t received
There are many reasons why an email may not be received. Once our service sends an email to a person’s email address, we don’t have any control over what happens to the email after it leaves our email server. Email verification providers use this data to predict the likelihood an email will return as a hard bounce. Each email that’s run through this system is categorized using a scoring system and 30 different diagnostic codes. If an email is suspect, it is isolated for review and the system either auto-corrects syntax errors, or marketers can approve/remove the suspect email from their list.
Here are the most common issue we hear:
I’m having trouble confirming my email address
- Spam, junk, and bulk mail folders: Sometimes certain email providers or internet service providers (ISPs)1 block or filter our emails as spam, so take a look in your spam, junk or bulk folders
- Email client – Your email client (for example outlook) that you’re using may be preventing certain emails from going through. Check your email client’s information on how it handles emails.
- Security: University’s and schools, companies and governments often have a high security protection in place. You can ask the institution to accept emails from Solarislive.
Help! Nothing is working.
If you’ve tried re-sending the email confirmation and you are still having trouble, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Are we sending it to the wrong email address? If you signed up with an incorrect email, a typo or other error you will have to sign up again.
- Try changing the email address to an email address with a large domain (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.). We tend to have more success delivering emails to those types of domains.
1Providers (ISPs) – the company you use to provide your email services such as, AT&T, Comcast, or Bell.
The Solarislive Event Manager is an easy service to use
for event organization and promotion.
Bringing people together to enjoy online or virtual experiences through event management and ticketing sales.